Thursday, July 30, 2015

summer vacation | photos

Summer vacation.  It is something we look forward to every year.  We drudge through the end of the school year thinking about how much fun our vacation is going to be.  Where are we going to go this year?  What I we going to do?  How far do we want to drive or how close to home will we stay?  This year was a little different, though.  This year my husband was gone for three months before vacation AND we had just moved.  I honestly thought that we would not have a real vacation.  Surprise, surprise, my hubby graduated from his academy and took us to the beach in South Carolina on our way home.  He rented a little condo and a golf cart at Ocean Lakes Family Campground just down from Myrtle beach.  It was so relaxing.  I am so glad it was a quiet vacation.  The last few months have been a bit chaotic so a chance to unwind was just what we all needed.  













  












The kids loved the sand and even Kaitlyn ventured out into the water this year.  Daddy bought them boards for surfing the waves.  Their smiles were worth every bit that was spent.  I think the best part of this trip was the one on one time they had with their dad.  After not seeing him for three months, they needed that.  I needed that.  That, my friends, is what vacation is to me.  Uninterrupted family time.  And lots of sun.  LOTS of sun.  haha




No comments:

Post a Comment