Saturday, April 11, 2015

Confetti | A Personal Challenge

  Well, it has been a while.  We are finally moved and mostly settled in to our new home in Virginia.  I LOVE my new home.  For now we are renting but I will say that leaving this house is going to be very hard.  I have always wanted to live in a house with an upstairs, downstairs and a basement.  It is a very real dream come true.  Although I have a few boxes that I am slowly cleaning out, the majority of our stuff has been unpacked.  It's been 2 weeks since we got here so I figure I'm doing ok on the unpacking part.  In a couple days I am going to have a post up with photos of our trip, the new house and life since we got here.  We have been to the DC Zoo, driven by most of the monuments and explored Woodbridge a bit.  The kids are in school and life is pretty much back to normal.  Except for my scrapbook stuff.  That is all still in boxes.  It is sad.  Next week I will be on the lookout for some bookshelves and pieces of wood to paint to make a desk and storage for myself.  For now I am still scrapping on the dining room table.
  I have a few DT projects in the works but last night I just wanted to scrap for me.  I am sure if you look at any of my pages you will see that most of my pages have small photos and a lot of white space.  My challenge to myself was to use one of my 4x6 photos from my photo wall to make a page.  I took all the photos out of my frames and replaced them with new ones so I had a pile of perfectly pretty photos to choose from.  This one is a favorite from when my youngest was 2.  She and that bear are still inseparable.

 photo DSC_4569_zpstr0lqri9.jpg  

 photo DSC_4572_zpswmq90adq.jpg 

 photo DSC_4573_zps0zicibh0.jpg 

 photo DSC_4570_zpswbcsevfu.jpg

It was fun to step outside my comfort zone and reawaken my creativity with the large photo challenge.
Have you tried something new lately?  Do it!  It's really fun!

Products used:
Maggie Holmes Confetti

No comments:

Post a Comment