Monday, December 22, 2014

New Mixed Media Layout

I grabbed some of the new Dear Lizzy stuff from Paper Issues and finally had time to play with it.  I loved the colors and patterns, especially the pink.  The first thing I just had to do was make a mixed media page so I could add in even more color.  The Mask was perfect for adding some dimension before I painted. I laid the mask on my 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock, then spread out a thin layer of modeling paste over, making sure to fill all the little spots.  After carefully pealing the mask off, I let it dry completely (make sure to carefully wash the mask with warm water immediately).  My favorite Faber Castille gelatos (used like watercolors) and a little misting of Heidi Swapp's gold color shine added just the right amount of color/shimmer to the background.  Then just to layer on some papers, a photo and some stitching to finish it.  45 minutes later I have a beautiful brightly colored page that perfectly represents my vibrant 6 year old.






(dear lizzy serendipity papers + mask , faber castille gelatos) 

Paper Issues has the whole Dear Lizzy Serendipity line right now.  Hurry on over and pick up some of this loveliness for yourself.  Don't forget to take 20% with my code "3littleks".


No comments:

Post a Comment